The Risk Taker’s Survival Guide, an interactive web doc project currently in development and directed by Matt Golding, has won the Ramillas interactive pitch at Sheffield Docfest 2014.
Five teams pitched their interactive projects on Tuesday 11 June to an international jury of experts and a public audience at Sheffield Town Hall.
The Ramillas Fund supports interactive webdocs with funds and recognition and is aimed at projects that are not yet completed.
Guy Spriggs of Ramillas said, “Sometimes while you’re still struggling to get to the end, that’s when you really need a boost. And that’s what we hope to do with this fund. A bit of money and recognition when you really need it.”
The jury liked “Risk Taker’s” for its combination of academic analysis with a light, humorous touch, but also hoped to see different types of risks, say, changing career.
The winners received a giant cheque for 3000 Euros and a beautiful “interactive” trophy in stainless steel and hardwood, commissioned by Ramillas from Madrid artist Alberto Carvajal.
The pitching teams were:
- Dennis Wheatley (UK) – Bass Continuum
- Fabien Benoit and Sedonie Garnier (France) – #DIG
- Ben Pederick (Australia) – Ringbalin
- Annu Nieminen-Pietinalho (Finland) – Good Leader Hunting
- Matt Golding (UK) – The Risk Taker’s Survival Guide (WINNER) (VIEW TRAILER)
The jury members were:
- Emma Hindley (Grierson Trust, UK)
- Annika Gustafson (BoostHBG, Sweden)
- Mark Atkin (Crossover Labs, UK)
- Alexandre Brachet (Upian, France)
- Guy Spriggs (Ramillas, Spain)